Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Elephant Ride

Elephant one of the largest mammals is like one of the gentle creature around in this planet. A ride on the elephant is a very enjoyable and I am sure that most of us might have gone for a ride on the elephant. Well my elephant ride is with a blue elephant now. Blue Elephant whats that ??? Well Louis Gerstner Jr called IBM an elephant ,so now most of you would have figured out that the elephant ride is about my 15 day experience with the Big Blue.

Rewinding….

Nearly one month back I was still bustling around to get my papers right for TCS. When a call came like a bolt out of the blue sky (Well I guess my association with BLUE has jus started).It was from IBM asking me to come for a written test. I immediately packed my bags with books and started for the garden city .I cleared the written test and interview and the moment came when the interviewers came into a room and said congrats u are into IBM. I was flying in the air.

Back to ground zero now fast forwarding to present….

Its now 15 days completed in IBM. It has been a great experience so far. I am given a laptop and working in a department which develops one of the leading UNIX based operating systems in the market. Well the freedom the work culture here is amazing. One would never want to leave this place. Well like all companies the life for a fresher begins with a induction program which deals with all inside knowledge u need to know about IBM. IBM’s legacy and how a baby elephant became the BIG BLUE JUMBO.I would say this one of that kind of place where you will join the league of INNOVATORS.Well my transition has been smooth so far and lets see what is coming around. WORK IS WORSHIP AND MANAGER IS GOD :-)

9 comments:

S said...

Really cool post da. Enjoy riding the elephant.

Anonymous said...

hey.. nice post !!!

Anonymous said...

15 naal thane aaguthu!!

srimathy said...

superb post!!!!!
u rock as usual...

Amit S said...

party has just begun !!

Mohamed Suhail said...

Enjoy Life @ IBM da .

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am following up on the Bangalore Indiblogger meet this Saturday at Microsoft campus http://www.indiblogger.in/bloggermeet.php?id=26. It is at tomorrow 3:30 PM. Just a gentle reminder. Looking forward to meeting with you there.

Thanks,
Anwin
+91-9880518019
anwin at indiblogger dot in

sudha said...

Nice Sriram...Simple and super....

Anil P said...

Would've been interesting to be able to read your IBM experience subsequently.